New Enclosure

RHaynes

I upgraded my beardie from a 40 gallon tank to a 120 gallon tank a couple weeks ago. The basking spot runs 95-100 and I have a uvb that runs in the middle on the inside of the cage the humidity is around 31%. He was active when I put him in the tank but seems to be in his caves a lot. In the 40 gallon tank he couldn’t fit in his hide. He is about 2 years old and is healthy eating and drinking water. He just doesn’t want to come out of his cave much these days. I guess it could be brumation but not sure what to expect.
I included a pic of his set up and light set up. One bulb is 150 and the other is 100.

Attachments

• IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 42

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Could be relocation stress, give him a week or so more to adjust to his new surroundings.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I upgraded my beardie from a 40 gallon tank to a 120 gallon tank a couple weeks ago. The basking spot runs 95-100 and I have a uvb that runs in the middle on the inside of the cage the humidity is around 31%. He was active when I put him in the tank but seems to be in his caves a lot. In the 40 gallon tank he couldn’t fit in his hide. He is about 2 years old and is healthy eating and drinking water. He just doesn’t want to come out of his cave much these days. I guess it could be brumation but not sure what to expect.
I included a pic of his set up and light set up. One bulb is 150 and the other is 100.
Are you using a coil uvb as well?

It’s probably a mix of stress and brumation. I just made a new enclosure for my beardie and for the first few days he was window surfing a lot and hiding when he wasn’t. He was also on the back end of brummation when switched him over and now he’s calmed down a bit although I think he’s now in mating season as he keeps bobbing at his cactus haha

RHaynes

Original Poster
It’s probably a mix of stress and brumation. I just made a new enclosure for my beardie and for the first few days he was window surfing a lot and hiding when he wasn’t. He was also on the back end of brummation when switched him over and now he’s calmed down a bit although I think he’s now in mating season as he keeps bobbing at his cactus haha
That is my hope I will let you know how it goes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok that's a good bulb-- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - basking bulbs should be a clear solid bright white bulb

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jai67
Top Bottom