New Enclosure Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosaicwolf

Hi all!

I've been lurking for a while, started planning for a beardie in January and am still in the planning/acquiring supplies stage. However, yesterday I scored this double-decker dragon condo from someone on a local FB group, for less than the Exo-Terra I'd been eyeing at Petsmart. It's plywood, painted and sealed, with plexiglass windows. The dimensions are 4'Lx18"Dx15"H for each 'apartment.'

So, I know the height is a little on the short side. In my pre-planning, I bought a Reptisun T5 22" bulb and a fixture to go with it. Obviously I need to swap to a longer fixture/bulb. With the height, can I still go with a T5 above the mesh? That's how I'd prefer to go.

For the flooring, I'm planning to do slate tile. Should I put anything under the tile for a liner? I know that shelf liner with adhesive is not good to use as substrate, but would a layer of it underneath the tile be a problem?

Most importantly, this whole thing needs a good clean/disinfect. Would 10:1 ammonia solution be the way to go or is there a better option?

Thank you in advance for your help!

enclosure1.jpg

enclosure2.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Looks great. I would use a little mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Ammonia is too strong. You could try the cleaner they have at pet stores. I use the non adhesive shelf liner for my tank, which would be good under the tiles. You could pick the up at Walmart or Bed Bath & Beyond. The 22” bulb would probably ok to use. I’m sure you will get more responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom