New dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathywithbirds

Original Poster
So now I have a question; we’ve been feeding until he stops eating, bathed him twice, made sure his temps are good and he has his uvb bulb. Today I threw in crickets and he’s not interested at all. Kind of lethargic. Could be we got him up too early or maybe he’s going to molt? There do seem to be tiny white spots on his back. Should I worry? I know I’m going to over analyze everything about this guy for a while.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they are lazy in the morning. I set the timer so the lights come on an hour before breakfast to give them time to warm up. The fluctuation in appetite is normal. Just keep the same schedule and let him take what he wants. The white bits could definitely be shed. Feel free to post photos if you'd like us to take a look. They will be a dull color and sometimes a waxy texture.

Kathywithbirds

Original Poster
Eh, maybe he just wasn't hungry this morning. He made up for it with the fly larvae. He scarfed those.

He sleeps under his log. It's so damn cute.

Kathywithbirds

Original Poster
Well, there’s 1000 crickets in my garage. Bleh. So what do y’all recommend i gut load them with? I’ve usually used wet potatoes to keep them alive, but never this many. Also, how would I get them to breed? I don’t know if it’ll happen with the first couple bunches, the dragon ears so much, I expect to go through these crickets in maybe a month or less.

Kathywithbirds

Original Poster
He’s shedding!!!! The kid said his legs already shed but now sheets are comfortable no off his back and wow! His colors are brighter! His tail is still dull in comparison, that’ll probably be next.

I’ve read it can take day or weeks to do a shed sometimes, but this guy seems to be doing it in a day!

Kathywithbirds

Original Poster
Well, he’s a spoiled little sucker already. We got him a nice 40g breeder tank kit with extras we kind of didn’t need but it was a good price. One of the things was a can of dead mealworms that (can’t believe I’m saying this) actually smells kind of appetizing. He ate a BUNCH of em when I️ tweezer-fed him. He’s liking me placing his food right in front of him. I did wiggle the things a little. So the next day I put a pile of them down to see if he’d eat them. He gobbled the one I️ tweezered at him, and climbed down to get a few more. He only ate two and went back up the branch. So I wiggle a couple more and he’s really interested. Sucker. He’s training me to feed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom