New dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevekerr

This is my sec dragon my first was about 8 years ago he lived 5 year and I took a brake for owning dragons I got a new one he is about 8 inch long in total .he eat about 4 cricket 3 days ago when I first got him and know if I put him in feeding cage all he what's to do is get out what should I do he got dragon pellets and mixed veg and fruit his hot side of cage is 100 and other 85

Hello Stevekerr your bearded dragon doesn't seem comfortable being in the feeding cage. Putting him in the feeding cage is something you want to wait at least 2 weeks for, which is how long my brother waited. He is getting used to his new environment and you don't want to stress him out.

Stevekerr

Original Poster
So should I put 6 crickets in his cage and at night remove the ones he hasn't eaton. Because I heard the crickets will nibble on him when he sleeps .but still take out a few time a days so he get ok with me holding him

dom02

Mine never liked being in a feeding tank and was always uncomfortable so I just fed him in his tank. And ya, definitely take out what he doesn't eat. Usually if he ignored them when the hopped by him I would take them out.

Does he also eat the pellets? If not, 6 crickets seems way to few since he's only 8 inches long.

Stevekerr

Original Poster
Putting the crickets in the main tank worked well he eat about 15 last night thanks for the help but will not give up on the feeding cage

Stevekerr":2394rctt said:
So should I put 6 crickets in his cage and at night remove the ones he hasn't eaton. Because I heard the crickets will nibble on him when he sleeps .but still take out a few time a days so he get ok with me holding him

You should take the crickets out after 20 minutes if he doesn't eat them. I heard of a method not sure how good it works but it sounds pretty safe. You can put the crickets in the fridge for 5 minutes and when u feed them to your beardie they will be to cold to move. And yes crickets will nibble on him so make sure you don't leave them in there for over 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom