New dragon slave ~our story of the petsmart dragon~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Hello everyone, i have enjoyed reading the posts and learning so much thank you for such a great site!! I have always loved bearded dragons but never really thought of owning one, until I met a beautiful yellow female at my local reptile store! she wasn't for sale but i would go in there just to visit her 1x a week! So then i decided that when i found the right one i would adopt! I got everything ready and had an empty 30 gal tank for 1 month :( My hubby said we should get an adult because babies are crazy! I really wanted to find a breeder of the yellow and was waiting to hear back on when they would have more for sale. I went to petsmart to get fish food saw the lil tiny babies :( they had 2 one was only 3 1/2 inches frm head to tail! the other was around 5 1/2 and was missing the tip of tail. the tiny one just laid as close as he could to the light and was very lethargic up comes the lady that works there scoops out tiny for a 7 yr old kid. so the bigger one captivated me he was so curious kept liking the window where i was touching. THEN up comes a 9ish yr old boy with his mom basket overflowing with every possible WRONG thing for a baby BD. and oh boy he started freaking out because they sold "HIS" baby the one he wanted said he didn't want the "broken" one The lady that worked there told him that that dragon has been waiting for a long time and because oh his nipped tail no one wants him! :cry: the boy didn't care he cried screamed ect. When they left to head to the nearest store with tiny babies. i asked her how long have they had him? she said at least 3 shipments of babies had come and gone! And that's when i became him/hers slave! I fell in love! I'm always the rescuer of unwanted animals, although i doubt he needed rescuing i had to bring him home. I never planned on buying from a big chain petstore, but i needed to show that lil dragon a real home! well it's been 2 adorable weeks! its funny i read so much about the care and feeding of dragons before, i almost didnt believe it was possible for them to eat so much, and at petsmart crix prices i think ill need a loan from the bank! hopefully fed ex will be delivering my crix today! thank for reading about my lil dorkis thats what i call him cause he is such a dork makes me lol. (im sure that not its official name) :mrgreen: I would post pics if i knew how :idea:

zeppy123

Hatchling Member
It doesn't seem to make any difference to dragons to be missing small parts of digits. Zeppy was missing the tip of his tail and the tips of two of his right toes. He never appeared to be aware of it and lived a wonderful life, climbed well too. I wonder why so many people are so hung up on a "perfect" animal.

Crimsonraptor

zeppy123":3m9muss0 said:
It doesn't seem to make any difference to dragons to be missing small parts of digits. Zeppy was missing the tip of his tail and the tips of two of his right toes. He never appeared to be aware of it and lived a wonderful life, climbed well too. I wonder why so many people are so hung up on a "perfect" animal.

Well, I show my beardie, and if any toes are missing or things ike that you get points off. That's mainy why I prefer "complete" dragons. :wink:

apaprikao

Hatchling Member
Aw, good for you for giving that dragon a good, loving home! You should post some pictures!

Congratulations and welcome!

Sinz85

it is good to hear about others out there are stepping up to help these lil guys out. Most of the animal I have ever raised had a defect of some sort but I found that they are some of the most adorable and loving pets.

staciek

Welcome! That is great you were there to adopt him into a home that will really take care of him!

This link totally helped me figure out how to post pictures: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138810. If you scroll just a bit, Beardednoob totally breaks it down to make it easy!! Hope this helps. :D

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info i will try it!! :wink:
DSC07294.jpg
YAY there he?she is! awww i love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom