new dragon owner, please help with lighting and a few Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIsaC

I was given a dragon as a gift and im trying really hard to make everything perfect(healthy) for her(simone), Ive never had a dragon before. Im guessing shes only a few months old from her size but since her tail was missing it hard to measure her.. I found a 6 foot long cage i got her which worked out perfect bc it came with a basking light (100watts) and a digital temp that i plugged into one of those black heat bulbs (its set to 76 degrees at night,is that good?) her cage reads 95 degrees on the basking light side (i do not know the basking exact temp as for the sensor as at the top of the cage) I do know that uvb is to small for the cage and will need a 48inch. As for her diet im reading all kinds of answers, on what is ok and what isnt but right now i can only get her to eat squash, she sticks her nose up at greens, i do try to stick greens in her dish with live food and hope she misses and eats it but she spits it out same if i hand feed.. i switched from crickets to those phoenix worms bc i cant seem to keep crickets alive in florida and im tired of the smell and upkeep so please dont judge me on that one..shes gets a warm bath every few days, she loves to swim/splash/poop. I also saw people make their own fake rocks and thought cool, i can do that..so i did.. so now that u have a little background on what a noob i am here are my questions:

1. what is the best uv/uvb bulb to have and where can i get it?
2. is the lighting/cage ok to keep her healthy?
3. is her diet ok?
4: what am i missing if anything?
5: she keeps digging before bed, so i need something for her to dig in?

see pics below:

2.png
(thats her when i got her)
6.png
(thats her now)
1.png
(the cage full view, day1)
3.png
(the cage lights view)
4.png
(the cage where she spends most of her time)

(and please understand again im new to owning a dragon, only had her about 3-4 months, so please dont be rude)

Thanks,
Lisa

krusty46

Unable to view the pics. Access denied.
Temps and lighting are trial and error. What are the other dimensions of the tank? is it glass or wood?
If you are looking for 48'' bulbs, Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 would be good. Big Apple Herps has them 2 for $35 right now which is a great deal. I've never dealt with them, so please do your own homework before purchasing.
http://www.bigappleherp.com/TWO-PACK-Reptisun-10-0-48-Bulbs-17-49-Per-Bulb-Thats-30-OFF

Hope that helps

LIsaC

Original Poster
the cage is made of wood, with 2 glass sliding doors in the front, the cage itself is 6 foot wide, 24 inch tall, and 24 inch deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom