New dragon not eating much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampacheco

I just got my first dragon from someone off Craig's list. Let me start off by saying, temps -100-105, 30-40% humidity, 10.0 uvb tube, 6 month old female, 40 gallon breeder. This new bearded dragon seemed quite normal as far as health is concerned, but when I got her, she ate like 7 crickets the first time than decreased the intake amount to 1-2 a day. She's well hydrated, hasn't tried eating any greens I offered and tends to bask all day. Doesn't look skinny, I put her In a 10 gallon tank to feed, and after the 2 she eats , she wants to get out and feel the heat again, whether my hand or her enclosure. Had her for Less than a week and concerned as to why she Isn't eating more and more, during the day she always just chills out and keeps one eye open to look around , and the other closed .. Please help

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. She probably has relocation stress and that can last a week or 2. Is the uvb a coil/compact or a long tube?

ampacheco

Original Poster
That's what I'm thinking. Her behavior seems normal and she wakes right up when the lights turn on. At least she's eating something. When I hold her, she tends to give me a little lick than lies completely flat on my hand for warmth. It'll just make me feel better seeing her ear varciously, ya know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom