New Dragon Aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aajvell93

Original Poster
premammalian":2tsnbv0y said:
First, this wasn't aggression, just a threat display. Aggression would be if it lunge towards you with the intention to bite.
The dragon was with no heat source for so long, so it is natural to need to bask more. But to be safe, better to check the temperatures acurately under the light. Also, by being warmed up, he became more alert, so he realized the stressful situation and started behaiving fearfully.
Bearded dragons drink tap water, but if it so chlorinated that you cannot drink it yourself, then you are doing good by giving spring water. You can mist both on his nose and on objects in front of him, I mostly do the latter. Also in that age you feed mainly insects, try to make a variety of insect species.
And last but not least, when he calms down a little more and the temperatures are favorable, you can expose him to natural sunlight for maximum uvb absorbtion.

I mean the first few times he did try, and had even bitten me a couple times. I noticed at the pet store they ONLY had UVB. He didn't have a warm basking light. So I could see how he let me hold him at the store and bring him home. But once I got him home he was mean for a few days. He is going to take some work but has made huge progress!
I have him on crickets, dubia roaches, and some Phoenix worms that just came in the mail for him. He likes the crickets and the worms but not a fan of the roaches.
I don't feed him these regularly, but he LOVES mealworms so I do give him those every 4 days or so as a treat. Hasn't shown any issues as he still has very large poos.
But overall I think all is good. Eating great, well hydrated, and slowly becoming more personable.

Aajvell93

Original Poster
Aajvell93":ivbpsrds said:
premammalian":ivbpsrds said:
First, this wasn't aggression, just a threat display. Aggression would be if it lunge towards you with the intention to bite.
The dragon was with no heat source for so long, so it is natural to need to bask more. But to be safe, better to check the temperatures acurately under the light. Also, by being warmed up, he became more alert, so he realized the stressful situation and started behaiving fearfully.
Bearded dragons drink tap water, but if it so chlorinated that you cannot drink it yourself, then you are doing good by giving spring water. You can mist both on his nose and on objects in front of him, I mostly do the latter. Also in that age you feed mainly insects, try to make a variety of insect species.
And last but not least, when he calms down a little more and the temperatures are favorable, you can expose him to natural sunlight for maximum uvb absorbtion.

I mean the first few times he did try, and had even bitten me a couple times. I noticed at the pet store they ONLY had UVB. He didn't have a warm basking light. So I could see how he let me hold him at the store and bring him home. But once I got him home he was mean for a few days. He is going to take some work but has made huge progress!
I have him on crickets, dubia roaches, and some Phoenix worms that just came in the mail for him. He likes the crickets and the worms but not a fan of the roaches.
I don't feed him these regularly, but he LOVES mealworms so I do give him those every 4 days or so as a treat. Hasn't shown any issues as he still has very large poos.
But overall I think all is good. Eating great, well hydrated, and slowly becoming more personable.

I want to add for the mealworms that it is a single worm or two at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom