New cage. Wondering if materials are safe ? plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andylee

Hi im new to the site, and had a few concerns about the enclosure i have. (Still a baby so no hurry to move him into it yet.) I have a nice large cage used for iguanas when i was a bit younger its made completly from 2x4's and sheet metal, dont worry theres plenty of ventalation. I have heard that some woods could possibly be a toxic hazard is that true. I think most 2x4's are made from spruce i just really want Daebo to have a clean and safe place to live. I know you can coat it in poly to is that a good idea or could that be a problem as well . plz help! Will it be safe for him? (40 gal breeded will probly be needed and i will get one but really love the cage and would like to keep it.) Thank you

Andylee

Original Poster
beardieguru8 your just a negative person. 40 gal breeder is what i probly will end up getting im 100% sure i said that even in my post. Leave your negative comments outa my posts please i come here for a friendly community to help me out and vise versa not to be talked down to like im some kind of *****. THANK YOU

SarahUK

Hi andylee, i hope your new 40 gallon is all well and good!

Just posting a quick message to say that its unfortunate that some members here are not quite as helpful as others (not naming any names here, the last thing i want to do is stir up any trouble in a community that i feel so close to and visit so often). Most of us here are very willing to give thorough, constructive and informative advice. With so many members here i admit that i havent seen you around before but i dont want you thinking that your posts will all end up similar to this one, and im glad that you solved your problem and all went smoothly :D welcome to the community and happy bearding!

Andylee

Original Poster
oooo THANK YOU its great when a you hear positve words and not someone that has nothing better to do then be a "online tuff guy". Im here for a positive atmosphere and i hope it will be

Your new tank should serve you well. If you are like many here, (sounds like you are or will be) you will end up building a larger enclosure. I would shy away from sheet metal as temp is very important, and it seems like it would be very difficult to regulate the temp correctly. Wood is perfect for regulating wood. You will find many great plans and ideas when you are ready.

Andylee

Original Poster
Yeh dragondaddy im a very positive person actually smiling moments ago thinking about this community, i have met and learned so many thing its crazy now i find myself telling pet store employees rights and wrongs hahahahah.. BUT yes i do plaN ON BUILDING A SICK AND CRAZY desert oasis for daebo down the road, im actually on a huge project atm, with styrafoam grout, etc PLZ TELL ME IF ITS SAFE??????????. for Daebo's 40 gal its just being started and when i get a camera ill post pics .. trust me its one for the win.....
styrafoam
glue
grout
seal
poly Will that be 100% safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom