New beardy owner, concerned with feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend bought me a beardy this past valentines day and my beardy (Leia) is 6 inches long which I understand that's about the 2 month old range. She's my very first beardy and I'm wondering if she's eating the right amount of food. I feed her 3x a day and she eats about 2-3 crickets at each feeding. Should I be feeding her more times during the day and is her eating 2-3 crickets fine for her health and growth? I also gut load the crickets with Fluker's clacium fortified cricket quencher if that helps with any answers I get.

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
my little guy Nova started out eating right around 8-10 crickets a day when i got him (6.5 inches 5-6 weeks old born between Dec. 28th and Jan. 4th) so that seems normal from my experience

but be warned you will see a jump in appetite sooner or later Nova is now 7 inches and eats double what he used to (21 crickets yesterday) so make sure you have enough crickets to keep her fed should her appetite double as getting the proper sized crickets for a dragon our size is not easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom