New Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! So I am totally new to the beardie club. I purchased my first one last weekend, he/she is around 2 months old. We named him Balerion (my daughter is convinced it's a male). Well when we went to get some fresh crickets we saw a female about 8 months old, who has been taken in from poor conditions and had part of her tail nipped off. We house them completely separately.
We got her yesterday and she seems happy. She loves to be stroked and falls asleep instantly. However, I have noticed that she likes to flare her beArd without color. Is this a sign of aggression? She makes me nervous, as I stroking her this morning she must've not liked the way I was stroking her because she jerked really quick and startled me.

I put her back in her tank, fed her. She seemed fine a few hours later and I got her back out to try and form a bond with her. All was well. Then all of a sudden she hops off the pillow and runs to the edge of the bed and without hesitation jumped straight off onto my hardwood floors.

I put her back in the tank after checking for injuries, and she seems ok. But her beard is flared again. Any advice?

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
It'shard to say they will flare their beearsfor any reason iIwould say give it a little time and let her get used to you and when you have her out keep her close to or on the floor

HeraTargaryen

Original Poster
Since these are my first, I seem to feel more relaxed around my baby than my juvie.
She doesn't scare me, she just makes me a little anxious because I don't know what type of situation she came from.
I've read that you should leave them in their tanks for the first week to let them acclimate to their new homes. Should I be doing that?

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
I didn't but it is wise to. They are kinda like dogs and usually love attention. I have only hade my baby for a few weeks now and I'vebeen handling him every day since iIgot him and now he gets upset when iIcant take him out to explore

HeraTargaryen

Original Poster
With the baby (Balerion), I haven't been as reserved he gets out often and loves attention. I am just slightly reserved around Hera because I don't know what she's been through and I want to gain her trust fully and properly first. I am sure we will grow together and love each other completely one day.

Thanks for responding. :)

MichaelO

I wouldn't be too worried about her fluffing her beard. My Finn does it every once in a while. She usually does it in the morning when we first walk into the room (as if to say I am only up give my head peace). Also sometimes when I go to stroke her she seems to get startled. This usually happens if she hasn't seen my hand coming.

You will be fine it sounds like your dragons have found themselves a great home.

HeraTargaryen

Original Poster
Thanks for the reassurance! I am trying to give her space and time to adjust. This morning I turned her lights on and got back into bed just to watch her. She ran through her tank hunting down all of the crickets and then waited by her food bowl for fresh salad. Once the salad was replaced she went and did the same by her water bowl. So I replaced her water. The minute i placed the water dish in, she jumped right into it. I think she may be a bit high maintenance. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom