New Beardies arriving tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjj

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone. I'm new to this board and to the wonderful world of bearded dragons. I have a 7 year old son who has ALWAYS LOVED reptiles. It's all we ever read about or hear about and if it's warm out, I have to pull him in by the ear just to get him to take a break to eat because he is searching for new critters to research or add to his carefully managed stock tank (love farm life) and it's eco-system. ANYWAY, after researching for most of his life :study: , he and I have decided that bearded dragons would be the best pet reptile for us. I'm rather saddened by the condition of reptiles in pet stores and knew before we started that we would find a breeder. I wanted someone who knew their stuff but also loved their reptiles like pets or family members. Sooooo... tomorrow, we will finally welcome home Opal and Topaz (two lovely girls) to their new home (which I built around 6 mos ago):

DSCN0742-thumbig.jpg

DSCN0750-thumb.jpg

We can't wait!!! :blob5: :blob8:

jjj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi. Well, this is something that I discussed with the breeder. He has got them about the same size (as each other) now. I was not sure whether I would be able to put them together or not. Our enclosure is 4' long, 1.5' deep and 3.5' tall. He thought that they should be able to live together without a big chance of trouble right now (this is why we chose 2 females). What do you think? There is a basking shelf, a couple of logs, a small "cave", and some fake plant material to hide in. If I observe aggressive behavior, I'll have to get busy and separate them, I guess. I'm hoping we can keep them together though.

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
You might be ok, you might not. Like you said, you'll just have to keep an eye out for signs of aggression and/or dominance. Maybe you could feed them separately outside the tank then you know how much each one is eating.

turkeybird

Hatchling Member
Cute beardies! By chance, did you get them from Sundial Reptiles? That's where we got ours from, and I noticed that the baby pictures look similar in style. If so, we got a great guy from them back in August 2007. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom