new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobhunter

hello to all.
I am a new beardie owner.His name is Dracko from the movie dragonheart.I got him 3 days ago.He sits in 1 spot and does not move,he ate a couple of bites of collards but has not eaten any crickets.I have a uv and heat lamp on him on the left side of the tank.Crickets crawl on him and he does not move.He will look at me when we watch tv and he is laying on my chest.But not much.Is he okay or what should I do?Also ,he lives in a 55 gallon tank.I use 1 uv heat lamp.Do I need more? Please help me out cause Drackpo is my cool buddie

hdcrazy25

how long have u had him prolly just relocation stress....but we can go over your setup if you would like? type of uvb light? Temps? How are you getting your temps?

noobhunter

Original Poster
sure we can.I have a mega ray100 watt light and its about21 inchs from him.I have sand and a bowl of water with some collards and crickets in with him.Today is his 3rd day home

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
What temps have you been getting and what have you been measuring them with??

As soon as he poops i would pop it to the vets to get a parasite check, beardies can sometimes act like this if there not well, but i think its prob either a heat issue or relocation stress.

What size tank have you got, i would also take the sand out as it can cause impaction in beardies, esp babies.

hdcrazy25

I would personally give him atleast a week? For now I would call it relocation stress. How hot is his basking spot?

noobhunter

Original Poster
I went out and got a 250 heat lamp due to the heat.The other lamp was 100 watt at 21 inchs and it was 77 degrees.Now its 95 and he dug a hole in the sand and has eaten more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom