New beardie slave do i have everything right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D :D :D :D Hello!!! I got 2 new beardies Spike and Yoshi. :D They arent my 1st because i got Spyro from a pet store and he was impacted :( He died very soon after. But i got 2 new beardies both larger and more active.the basic information:

How old is your dragon? not sure
How long have you had your dragon? bout 4 days
How long is your dragon? Spike is 9 1/2" and Yoshi is 9"
What is the sex of your dragon? Not sure
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 55 gallon for now (4ft x 1ft x 20in)
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? repti carpet
Do you use UVB lights? yup reptisun 10.0
How old is your UVB bulb? 4 days
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? at the closest 12 inches or so
What are the basking temps? 102 degrees
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? on the basking spot
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no other heat source
What do you feed your dragon? Crickets, apples and Mustards
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?Morning and night
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? I use Zilla calcium and vitamin spray
How many days a week do you use each of them? calcium 4 times a week, vitamins on tuesdays and fridays
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? yup about once or so a day
Do you bath your dragon? How often? every other day
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? i wiggle the water a few times a day for a drink and in the bath
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? yes for now
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? - no vet checks

well thats the basics. neither of them fight but i do have some questions. :wink:
1.) Yoshi has like yellow skin around his mouth when does this go away?
2.)What do beardies like to do? like what do you guys do for fun with them?
3.) and last,can i keep them together till november or so so i can get new giant viv for spike since hes bigger?( its okay yoshi gets one too :mrgreen: )
well thanks for any info provided and if anything is wrong i apreciate the critsism or what ever.

spyroismybeardie

Original Poster
well i read that they cant be together and so i put Yoshi in a 20gal long for now. So now they are each by themselves. i noticed spike was climbing on yoshi while they were basking and he was taking all the food. Yoshi isnt taking the new tank to well. :protest: but maybe it will get better but yoshis info is:
How old is your dragon? 3 months i believe
How long have you had your dragon? bout 6 days
How long is your dragon? Yoshi is 9"
What is the sex of your dragon? Not sure
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 20 gal long
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? repti carpet, soon to be tile
Do you use UVB lights? yup reptisun 10.0
How old is your UVB bulb? 6
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? at the closest 6 inches away
What are the basking temps? 101 degrees
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? on the basking spot
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no other heat source
What do you feed your dragon? Crickets, apples and Mustards
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?Morning and night
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? I use Zilla calcium and vitamin spray
How many days a week do you use each of them? calcium 4 times a week, vitamins on tuesdays and fridays
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? yup about once or so a day
Do you bath your dragon? How often? every other day
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? i wiggle the water a few times a day for a drink and in the bath
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? not anymore
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? - no vet checks

So thats what going on with him.I hand feed them both. also Yoshi has 2 nips it apears to be towards the end of his tail what do i do about this? yoshi isnt eating much right now cuz hes in denial since he got put in the 20gal.
any information provided is greatly apreciated and this is only an update on yoshi the 1st post aplies to spike enclosure wise. I look forward to your opinions! :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom