new beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

toecutter

hey everyone. my fiance and i are new beardie owners. we did our research :study: and asked around about different types of breeds and what not and finally decided to buy ours from petsmart ( don't judge ) because in all honestly it's the humane thing to do besides actually rescuing one with health problems yourself. anyways we are now the proud parents of leatherface and walter white a.k.a. heisenberg. heisenberg looks like a citrus beardy and i am not quite sure what type leatherface is. i'm sure we'll both be frequent posters about our concerns as well as posting pics of the little ones. on a side note i know that buying from petsmart isn't the best idea. however with all the things that can go wrong with owning a new pet that needs more attention than say a dog or a cat i didn't feel it was necessary to seek out a breeder. with that being said we love our new spiked family members and will continue to care for them. thanks for having us :blob5: :blob8:

19nick93

Hatchling Member
Hello, congrats on your new bearded dragon's! Would love to see some pics of them and their enclosure! I actually bought mine from Petsmart a little over a month ago and he's doing great. :D Welcome to the forums.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
From the uk here, no idea what petsmart is lol so your safe from me! I have had my dragon Bilbo since October 2014, he was so small when I got him, getting big now though, im pretty sure I speak for the majority when I say we are not here to judge =) I thought id be slated for using calci sand lol, but its really common over here to use loose substrate, admittedly I no longer use it as it was staining the poor little fella im now using desert sand and he is healthy and well.
finally welcome

babybun15

Hey! I'm actually new here too but I just wanted to state that I got my little one from Petco :p he was locked in the back because he was too small to be with the others and they were worried about him. We actually have a very knowledgeable crew at this store and they take good care of their animals I think it mainly depends on where you live.

Pictures??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom