New beardie owner....still learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggysMom

So, I went almost a week ago to my cousins house and came home with his bearded dragon. He had it in a 20 gallon tank (regular fish tank), with no basking area. Weekly he would put 50 crickets in the tank and change the water god only knows how little. I think it is a female after reading and checking her out with my boyfriend, whom was a previous beardie owner. She is now in a 40 gallon tank, he thinks she is about 3 yrs old... she has a basking area and her water is changed at least daily. She gets crickets 2x day and meal worms and the only way I can get her to eat some veggies is by spoon feeding her...lol what a mom. She is adapting well, but I don't think my cousin held her much, she is very sqirmy and jumpy... but we are trying! Any suggestions.. on care? We did purchase a manual and read online...alot prior to getting her.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like you're doing the best that you can for her. With the reading that you have done and with the previous experience of your bf, I'm sure she'll come around fast. I initially put a t-shirt of mine (that I had worn) in Spots tank to help her get my scent and become comfortable with me. Also, since she wasn't on sand, it allowed her something to burrow or "dig" in. Keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom