New Beardie Owner - All advice will help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterbeard

Original Poster
went to the vet today anyways! $95 later . I got an antibiotic for his eye and some salene solution. not sure what happened to it, still, but he is recovering. he is a little pissed off at me today, and he slept in . had one calcium cricket and is relaxing a little away from his normal basking spot. he seems very sluggish and lazy. as for his eye, its now got this lubey stuff on it, and i didn't even get much direction from the vet, i am very disappointed in Banfield (petsmart vet) but they were the closest option for me. I'm not sure if I am suppose to rub the excess off, I will in a little with a warm wet rag . It's 2x daily application on the eye, so i try not to get it in the eye, but i guess thats inevitable, and today his eye is a little foggy and wet looking, but he does open it, and also still shuts it. I can't even begin to explain how pissed off he is with me right now!

The vet didn't know any more about bearded dragons than I do! I basically told her what was going on, what I needed, and I paid $95 for a tiny tube of medicine and an eyedropper of salene, oh and also for their undeserved paychecks!

he is also shedding, done with his tail and his legs now, and he doesnt seem to be very concerned with his body. mostly he is concerned with relaxing and being pissed off.

Oh, also, since I raised hell with the managers at PetSmart, I got a $25 gift certificate--
When I called last week one of them told me I could NOT get the same pet back if I wanted to use the 2 week warranty- how about, yesterday they told me I could have, as long as he recovered. which he would have, but I would have had to abandon him for a week or two! Which is just messed up, they should simply check him in like normal, and then you have the medicine- done, then additional recovery time warranty. THAT would make sense. I'm not happy about the gift certificate.. because, frankly, I don't want to shop at PetSmart.

I am so ticked off that I put in an application to the one closer to me, in hopes I may be hired and so atleast ONE employee knows what the hell they are talking about!!! (or if i don't-- I'll atleast tell the person where to get credible info!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom