New beardie mom! *added a few pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and I got our first beardie 3 weeks ago. We named him Angus, and he's by far the coolest little guy ever. We have had all sorts of pets over the years and after having green anoles for a few years, we decided to graduate to a beardie. I researched for months before we actually got our beardie to make sure we were buying all the right things and doing right by him. My guy is calm, but still very skittish and can run away fast! Last night was the first time he was calm enough to lay on my chest and fall asleep. This site has been a valuable site to have and become a member of. Without reading all the tips and expertise on this site, I would have been lost. I'm sure I'll have more to post about our antics with Angus. :)

AngusTheDragon

Original Poster
Here are a few pics of my little guy. I never thought I'd get so attached when we got him. Ordering his food and looking for new ways to dress up his viv is my new favorite hobby. Last night before lights out, I brought him over and he snuggled up on my neck and fell asleep. My sweet little monster! :love5:

On his basking spot.
148A6F89-6BA4-49D1-9B65-D4D399585E0E-122-00000004D28D33D3.jpg

Hanging out with me outside. He has a sterilite tub that he basks in but sometimes he sits long enough with just me and grabs some sun. Mostly in his tub tho..he lept off my leg once and almost made me have a mini heart attack!
252041F7-9EF9-4491-A165-FBCFB16DB5B5-122-00000005D03215C5.jpg

Big smile. :) It's very humid where we live right now and I worry about us being outside in the humidity. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I don't normally stay any longer than 10 minutes, it can be pretty muggy at times.
9DD62CC0-CA97-4F76-8593-48E4A527A518-122-00000005F6A10A70.jpg

AngusTheDragon

Original Poster
When we got Angus, one of the first things my hubby suggested was a hammock for him to lay on. We initially bought him one from Petsmart but he never really uses it at all. For thise who's beardies love their hammocks, do you have it placed so they have to bask on it? Ours isn't under the basking light, but next to his basking spot. I made him a homemade hammock today after running across some really cute fabric. My skills need to be sharpened, but here are a few pics of it.

He's looking like "mom? Are you kidding me with this??"
BAAB9A89-275E-4B14-8790-F942CA6A8E0C-1068-000000C39CF0761A-1.jpg

And how it looks in his viv right now. Should I put it under his basking light if I really want him to use it? So far he's tasted it and gave me the stinkeye and went back to his light.
C90857A6-CB73-43E8-B03C-11CE2C17AFAC-1068-000000C3C4AB8543.jpg

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Cute name. Cute pattern on the hammock, too! You could make him a harness or get one from the For Sale section of the forums if you feel like he may run away. There was a post not long ago on a beardie than ran away and lived under the porch for a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom