New Beardie eating calcium sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

Original Poster
Yeah, it's warm here and it's summer so it shouldn't drop, he'll be fine ;)

Night everyone, thanks for the help

Mt3

Just a quick note on something in your original post: In case you're not aware, many people recommend that you don't feed lettuce to bearded dragons. Feeding it infrequently won't kill your pet, but it has none of the essential nutrients that beardies need in their diet and often leads to problems with diarrhea, thereby doing more harm than good.

I'm not sure if you were aware or not, so I wanted to point it out just in case.

You can refer to http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html for a color-coded, alphabetical list of food items and their nutritional values: Those colored green, black, and blue are safe in various quantities, but those listed in yellow (like lettuce) or red can be considered questionable, harmful or even lethal for bearded dragons.

Mama2mc

We just switched from repti-carpet to non-adheisve shelf liner in our viv. I really like it because it comes in all sorts of patterns so I still get to customize his viv and its super easy to clean up.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
One more thing, beardies don't live on sand in nature, they live on compacted clay, it looks like a dried out riverbed. So if you'd want something natural, that would be the way to go, but it is difficult to clean and I wouldn't put a beardie that isn't at least 1yr and 6months old on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeardiemyDragon
Top Bottom