new bearded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Bearded Dragon today she look in really good heath. She is about a year old. has a tail nip may about 3 inc is gone. She came from the reptile show in Gonzales she in shed. She eat some supper worms, kale, zucchini, bell pepper. This is the girl that the guy was just feeding her baked mealworms and spinach. I know kale is every once and while. I am going get collar greens tomorrow. He did give her a bath everyday.

gorgeous!!! absolutely gorgeous!! if you want to bring its color out more you can buy some food that I give mine, I cant remember what their called might be the zilla brand but they come in purple squares and mine goes nuts for them, I noticed when I don't give them to her, her colors get really dull. but yours has brilliant colors. is it a tiger?

rdoyle225

Original Poster
To tell you the truth I am not sire. I am going to try to see if anyone her from some of the facebook pages I am on. She is a local from one of the Shows we have. are shows are not to big. I might get luck and find out info on her. right now she is going though a shed, but she is pretty Orange color and her purple bars pop. She stress alittle bit on the ride but settle fast and eat. I think with her tail was whole she would be clost to 15 to 17 right now she is at 14.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She is beautiful! Congrats on your new family member. You mentioned food? Here is a great list of any food you can think of and how often it should be offered: www.beautifuldragons.com under Nutrition. Give it a try. Collard greens are recommended daily and so is squash & there are a lot of other greens recommended daily, too. You're right, kale is a very infrequent offering, as it binds with calcium & the calcium can't be absorbed by the body.

So welcome to this great site! I moved your thread to Beardie Tales so you can continue to let us know how she's doing. Any name yet?

rdoyle225

Original Poster
I have had them before I was going to get Collard , but the store we stop at did not having any, but roman and Kale. Tomorrow I am picking some up for her. Wal-Mart has the best around here. We have a farmer market, but it is to hot and veggies don't to well in the heat. We are talking in the 100s F. The 3 food I picked where all back go finger.

As for a name I was thinking Princess Leia or Padmé Amidala. My son loves star wars. are dog is named Chewbacca. Witch he as a recuse from the pond

Thanks for the move I wanted to put in here, but some how I ended up in the other place. only me :lol:

rdoyle225

Original Poster
I got new photos today, but my husband comp HATES ME :angry5: it will not upload to photo bucket or even Facebook :angry5:

rdoyle225

Original Poster
She did not eat much today or I should say yesterday. So what I did is I blacked out 3 side of the tank. She is in the livingroom. the really only place for her. I think my son is scaring her a little bit. She did poop it was bad :puke: it just sunk to high heaven. But it looked good. I also just but a stone in there for her to she usto have it in her old cage. Still having problems with uploading photos evil computer :angry5: :twisted:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She may have parasites, so you'll need to get a sample in to the vet but wait a couple of weeks to see if the stink continues. She's going through relocation stress, which is real to beardies, just getting used to a new place. It can take a week or even two before they feel at home again, and during that time she might not eat a lot, but that will improve with time. If her poops are still stinky after 2 week, then it's time to take a sample to a vet to get it checked for parasites, which don't go away, they have to be medicated. Once they're gone, she'll feel a lot better. Meanwhile, you should get some Acidophiluz, it's a probiotic for dragons, that helps put good flora back in their gut and helps with digestion. Also make sure she gets a daily back, so she stayed well hydrated. That's important. What type of UVB light are you using? Reptisun 10.0? That would be the best tube, that's also very important. We'll have to go over your setup at some point, make sure it's good for her. It's always exciting to get a new beardie!

rdoyle225

Original Poster
Ok a update no more skink poops. Thanks god. She is eating even eat out of my hand. I really think the skink poop was from the spinach she was eating. She poops 2 times and little skink to it. I will but more photos up, but I have to go thow it on my kindle then post them. While my comp is in the shop

rdoyle225

Original Poster
DSCN0894_zpsf724351d.jpg

DSCN0893_zps289a448d.jpg

DSCN0895_zps362854dd.jpg

These are the new photos of here. How does the tail look.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, what cute pics. The tail looks healthy, just make sure when it sheds that you get it all off, so there's no shed that remains, that's called retained shed and it will get smaller and squeeze the tail, causing it to die off. Just a warning as I've had dragons lose parts of their tails due to retained shed. Putting your new beardie in a bath when the shed starts, helps it come off, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom