New Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone,
i just got a bearded dragon a week ago and i need some help....
first of all, how do you get them to drink water?
second, when i get near him, his color gets darker, he's "beard shows" and he opens his mouth - how do i make him calmer?
please reply, it would help alot
thanks

BeardieBaby69

Hatchling Member
First thing is...BREATH and relax.
Second They dont usually drink from still water, they take it in through their skin , like in baths or misting and in their food. Some have gotten their BDs to drink from a bowl , but I didnt have any luck with it. Try putting little drops on their noses and they will lick it off.
The response your getting is probably relocation stress , this can last from a few days to several weeks. Just let him get used to his viv , then he can get used to you . he will come around . Start off slowely and work your way in his life. Remember this is all new to him too.
Give him a bath like every other day and work your way up to daily baths. This will allow him the water he needs and to bond with you . Also expect him to poo in the bath, this is normal. Just empty and refill . bathe untill the water gets cool. he will prolly try to get out when that happens, mine does.Make the water real warm , test with the inside of your wrist. Carefull not to burn your baby.

Good luck and RELAX. We are here to help anytime.

Welcome both of you to BD.org :blob5:

Agrannus

My wifes female Victoria is an adult and still does that to me when I come around LOL no worries i think you got some real good advice continue with it . The dragon will come around after it is relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom