New Bearded Dragon Paco

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMF

I just got my first new beardie! His name is Paco. My brother also got one as well. Its name is Wowizard(the worst name). I don't know the genders yet but I hope they are females so they don't fight. Please respond with any tips for me! Thanks!

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Do they live together? If they do, they must be separated, even if they are two girls. Even if they seem to be neutral towards each other, one will dominate the other, taking the best basking and UVB spots, and the best food, also stressing the other one out a lot, sometimes even injuring him/her. If you can post a pic of your setup and also list their food and the brands of their lights, someone can confirm that your setup is good. On a different note, congrats! Feel free to post photos of the beardies! We would love to see them. :)

DMF

Original Poster
We are working to separate them as much as possible for now until we get another viv. I can not get a picture now but it will come soon. I feed them mini crickets, mealworms, and romaine lettuce with protein powder. Hope this is good for them. :? I feed them about a whole piece of romaine lettuce (cut up and with the powder), about 3 crickets, and 2 mealworms a day. (This is for 2 beardies)

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
They need a better diet ASAP. Romaine lettuce isn’t good for dragons, because it has 0 nutrional value, try mustard greens, collard greens, or dandelion greens are great options. The mealworms should only be treats and not staple, and shouldn’t be given to dragons under 16in at all, mealworms hard shell can cause impaction. Adult dragons need a 75% veg 25% bug diet. Babies need a 75% bug and 25% veg diet. The amount of bugs they are getting right now is nowhere near how much they need, sorry if this sounds rude, just trying to help : ) , I am not sure if they are babies or adults, but babies should be fed 3x a day as much bugs as they can eat, this will be harder considering you have 2 in the same area (I know someone said this but they need to be separated ASAP or you’ll end up with a dead dragon sometime). Could you please go over your lights, and substrate?

Thanks,
Claire

DMF

Original Poster
talktothetail":3a7lpplg said:
They need a better diet ASAP. Romaine lettuce isn’t good for dragons, because it has 0 nutrional value, try mustard greens, collard greens, or dandelion greens are great options. The mealworms should only be treats and not staple, and shouldn’t be given to dragons under 16in at all, mealworms hard shell can cause impaction. Adult dragons need a 75% veg 25% bug diet. Babies need a 75% bug and 25% veg diet. The amount of bugs they are getting right now is nowhere near how much they need, sorry if this sounds rude, just trying to help : ) , I am not sure if they are babies or adults, but babies should be fed 3x a day as much bugs as they can eat, this will be harder considering you have 2 in the same area (I know someone said this but they need to be separated ASAP or you’ll end up with a dead dragon sometime). Could you please go over your lights, and substrate?

Thanks,
Claire

Thanks for the info I will look at the lights boxes to find the information! Also they are babies.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
DMF":1uzrpcf4 said:
talktothetail":1uzrpcf4 said:

Thanks,
Claire

Thanks for the info I will look at the lights boxes to find the information!
No problem! feel free to ask any questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom