New Bearded Dragon Owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

terwillegar21

I have done a bit of research on the BD but would like any and all advice I can get from experienced owners. The biggest question I have is regarding the perfect habitat, what do they prefer and how can I set up his enclosure to best suit his needs and make him a happy, healthy lizard? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
viewforum.php?f=34

This part of the site is filled with that information. That and see the Do it yourself DIY section. :mrgreen: The people here are amazing! 8) Expect to spend hours reading. :study: I have and I'm still reading!!! :study: :study:

There is most certainly none of this :banghead: for a new or prospective owner here.

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
Knowing what I know now, if I were starting over with a baby dragon I would first get a colony of dubia roaches up and going before ever getting a dragon. Babies will eat you out of house and home. You can expect them to eat 50 to 100 live feeders a day, every day for 4 or 5 months then slowly taper down from there. You will save yourself a bunch of cash if you get a breeding colony of feeders going first, that or buy a young adult dragon because they don't eat nearly as much.

As for habitat,check out the care sheets link at the top of this page and the DIY section is good too. You need a large vivarium for a dragon. They need proper lighting, both uvb and heat for basking. There are lots of ways to set up a healthy viv, you can go with reptile carpet or tile for the floor. The main thing is not to put them on a loose substrate and to provide the proper uvb light and proper basking temps. Do lots and lots of research on these forums, read the caresheet and articles and ask lots of questions here. If you do those things you will be well ready to become a Dragon Keeper.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom