New bear die mom

BeardieMom8

Beardie name(s)
Baby
Hi I recently got a bearded dragon a couple days ago. I’m still learning about it and what it likes and needs I have just about everything, but I’m still wondering on certain things like ……do I need a thermometer?, can I have my A/C on with them being in the same room?, is a heating mat at night necessary?……

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
If you go to the homepage there is a lot of great information on topics like husbandry care and enclosure

Check this out.

Get probed digital thermometers. not analog thermometers they are not accurate. For a baby you need 100 to 105 a couple degrees more than that wouldn’t hurt babies love it hot. Adults like it 95-100 I keep my adult at 102

A ceramic heat emitter for if temps drop below 65f at night. Most people don’t use heating mats. Make sure you have a T5 High output uvb. That is the most important thing if you do not have a sufficient UVB source the dragon will not eat will not process calcium and D3 come down with disease like mbd, all kinds of bad stuff so make sure it’s a T5. The AC shouldn’t matter if you get your tank acclimated to how you normally have your house it won’t be a problem.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom