New bear die mom

BeardieMom8

Beardie name(s)
Baby
Hi I recently got a bearded dragon a couple days ago. I’m still learning about it and what it likes and needs I have just about everything, but I’m still wondering on certain things like ……do I need a thermometer?, can I have my A/C on with them being in the same room?, is a heating mat at night necessary?……

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
If you go to the homepage there is a lot of great information on topics like husbandry care and enclosure

Check this out.

Get probed digital thermometers. not analog thermometers they are not accurate. For a baby you need 100 to 105 a couple degrees more than that wouldn’t hurt babies love it hot. Adults like it 95-100 I keep my adult at 102

A ceramic heat emitter for if temps drop below 65f at night. Most people don’t use heating mats. Make sure you have a T5 High output uvb. That is the most important thing if you do not have a sufficient UVB source the dragon will not eat will not process calcium and D3 come down with disease like mbd, all kinds of bad stuff so make sure it’s a T5. The AC shouldn’t matter if you get your tank acclimated to how you normally have your house it won’t be a problem.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom