New BD Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wykd

Just a quick intro, new to bearded dragons but have kept other reptiles (chameleons, nile monitor, ball python), and love to DIY! Our new BD arrived today from Southern Beardies, he is a Red Leather Het Hypo @ 8" my 5yr old daughter has named him Stuffy. Earlier in the week I built an enclosure in preparation for a new arrival, however it has not setup long enuff imo so I am letting it cure for a few more days then will set everything up and move him into his home. Yeah I know he is only 8" going into a 2x2x4, but all I have are 2x2x4 screen enclosures from chameleons at the moment. So he is in one on its side and wrapped in plastic as a temp home, it hold a stable 100-80 gradient so should be ok for a day or two I hope.

Anyways his new home has an acadia 12% uvb & zoo med 100 spot lamp and linoleum flooring. I will be making a hide/basking rock combo this weekend (this should be fun, my 1st one!)

Without further babble....
2012-08-24_11-12-48_270.jpg

2012-08-24_13-10-50_989.jpg

2012-08-24_13-11-03_688.jpg

wykd

Original Poster
Thanks I lurked around on here for a while before building the viv and setting it up. Will take pictures later today of the finished setup and Stuffy in his new home.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the beardie family! What a beautiful beardie! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Good luck!

wykd

Original Poster
Yeah he is pretty cool have spent the better part of my week afternoons working on his lair.

Here is the setup for now, may add more later dunno.

BTW his basking stone... is a retaining wall brick. I watched cool hand Luke @ lunch and the chain gang breaking rocks gave me the idea to chip away at the brick to make a hide and a basking spot.

DSC_1328.JPG

DSC_1329.JPG

DSC_1330.JPG

DSC_1333.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom