New BD is a mess. Belly lump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyJames

Original Poster
Thanks for your insight. it did help. bummed i wasted money on a infrared bulb tho. but you live and learn. next time i have some cash ill get him a ceramic one. i ended up giving him a bath last night and he seemed to love it. so should i just add that liquid electrolite D3 suppliment to his bath water since he wont drink out of a bowl? and yeah, he destroyed those superworms after his bath last night. im starting to get concerned though at his lack of veggie intake. i keep putting things in there but he just lets them sit there and rot until i have to remove it. ive heard the general consensus about the play sand, and i will get some. the question is why the heck CAN they legally say its digestible if its not? it seems like a flagrant lie. :evil:

no, i did not get a temp gun. I simply got a analog dial thermometer. it seems pretty accurate. I really feel like all the kudos for rescuing Carlos alone, is worth getting him. and this site has been amazing thus far. I will keep coming back for the life of this dragon and also my future ones.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is that lump hard or soft? It could be a strange fat deposit, but if it is hard it could be a cyst. It should be checked out though at the vets to make sure it is not a pocket of infection, or some type of abscess.
He needs a bright white light, so don't get a ceramic heat emitter. A regular household lightbulb works fine, or a halogen bulb, either one. They need bright white light for optimal activity & feeding.
What UVB do you plan on using for him?
The analogue dial thermometer "might" be ok, but even they are not always very accurate for the basking temperatures. So you still might want to consider a temp gun or digital probe just to make sure the temperatures are accurate.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom