New basking Rocks But now Temps Wont Go High?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cath1024

Hi,

Today i did some redecorating in Max and Belle's vivs.

We did some interlocking out back this past summer so i decided to use some of the brinck to make new basking spots - i cleaned and baked the rocks for 1/2 hour at 350 - let them cool and made my arrangment in the vivs.
So i placed the temp probes on the basking area in each tank and the temp wont go higher then 90 when before i had no problems keeping the temp at approx 100-110.

The height is the same as it was and the lights are the same so im not sure what the problem could be?

I use the Mega Ray 100w and the basking area is about 14" away as it always was before.

The only thing im thinking is before the tip of the probe would touch the basking area with the tip itself where as these bricks are a little rough and maybe the tip of the probe is not directly touching the brick flat?

Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom