New Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicmeg

I just got a new baby beardie! Not at all what I was planning to do today, but the price was right and I fell in love with her cute little personality and neat pattern. She is a leatherback and not too fancy with the coloring, but a very pretty little beardie. Since I am relatively sure she is a female I have named the little cutie Musette. My two year old male, Googlet, has been in a tizzy since he spotted her. I had never seen him black beard and head bob until today. I covered the side of Musette's tank so his view is limited and he seems to have settled down quite a bit. I will post some pics once I feel Musette is more comfortable with being photographed. The staff at the store handle the beardies regularly so this little girl is already pretty ok with being held, but I will give her some time to herself.

Musicmeg

Original Poster
OK. It's picture time. Pretty sure my little Musette is actually an Oliver. I lifted the tail and saw two bumps. There are no obvious femoral pores which is why I thought he was a she. I guess this is a leatherback trait I was not aware of. Anyway, I am still thrilled with my new baby. He got his first bath this morning and other than blowing up like a balloon and giving me the suspiciously inquisitive eyeball did not freak out at all. He ate the rest of my reptiworms, but I have more on the way soon. I did a measurement and he is almost 12 inches. The person at the store said they had been growing like weeds since they got them in.

Big Brother Googlet almost 20"

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Oliver is a cutie! And not all males have large femoral pores - mine doesn't - and sometimes females have large ones. Cute baby whether he be a he or a she.

What size cage is Googlet in? 55g?

Musicmeg

Original Poster
Thank you! I am sure enjoying little Oliver. Yes, Googlet is in a 55 gallon. I am currently looking to build a bit more of a custom viv that will be one on top of the other to hold them both separately. I have a thread in the DIY section. Poor Googlet is so long he sometimes has difficulty turning around in that space.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Yeah, that's why I was asking. If you could find a temp 40g for cheap it might be better since a 40g has way more leg room.

He is a big boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom