New baby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylafay

Hey everyone,

So after the loss of my baby Kona, I think I'm ready to get another dragon. I'm attending the FIRE Expo in Orlando, FL in a few hours and I'm looking to purchase a dragon thats about 4-6 months old. I'm thinking about names and stuff like that so I just thought I'd post and update it later with pictures of the new baby!

By the way, I'm going to post all the stats of the tank so that you guys can tell me any modifications I can make. I don't want to lose another one.

20 gal tank.
Shelf liner bottom.
Reptisun 10.0 UVB tube.
Basking light that came with a kit.
Purple ish night light. (didn't keep Kona awake)
Fake tree plant.
Basking rock
Water pool (came with the tank)
Food dish.

I will be offering the dragon collard greens and whatever fruit or vegetables thats dragon friendly that we have on hand, crickets mostly, and we will probably get silkworms or something like that at the Expo.

Please ask me any more questions you think would help make this the perfect habitat! :)

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Don't mess with the night light, they still keep them awake. If temps get to cold at night, go with a ceramic heat bulb. Good luck at the expo!

trinity040400

Juvie Member
I was thinking about going to that exo po but didnt findout about it until yesterday :roll: Good luck picking a new dragon! :mrgreen: Post pics when you can.

P.s. Where did you get your last baby from? Just curious.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Congratulations!
Have a great time at the expo!

I might suggest that you start off with a larger tank...if you start off with a 40gal breeder then you will not be having to buy another one right away nor will your baby have to go through stress again when you have to up~size. :wink:

caylafay

Original Poster
I'm going to get a larger tank as soon as I have they money! :) I got Kona from Petco.

Anyways, I got my new dragon... drum roll please...

phineas.jpg

phineas2.jpg

I'm thinking of naming her Phineas, even though it may be a boys name, she is most definitely a girl. Her hatch date was 7/3/11 and I purchased her from Linda's Lizards, they were so helpful and sweet! She is 51 grams and a ravenous eater already. I love her soooo much already. She's a lot bigger than Kona was and I really like her that way. I can already tell she's going to be an amazing dragon, her personality showed already when I tried to give her a waxworm and she promptly spit it out ;)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Cutie..

Got a digital with probe thermometer.. sorry I am late to chime in.
I just didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Walmart has an Acurite that tells the temps of 2 spots and the humidity level. ~12$

caylafay

Original Poster
Ohhh by the way if anyone wants to know, Phineas' parents were Cauley red/Blood red Chris Allen red x hypotrans leatherback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom