New baby only wants to sleep in my hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gepard

We recently bought a new baby at petsmart and this evening she was going crazy in her tank but soon as I put my hand in she snugged her face into my palm and fell asleep. I got her a stuffed animal to sleep on and she stayed on it but didn't seem as calm and quick to sleep as she had been in my hand. I'm just wondering what might compel her to do this.

It could be that she likes your body heat. I know my dragon likes to sleep curled up on my neck with his head under my chin - I imagine it's warm and it helps keep the lights out of his eyes. It's awesome that she already feels safe enough with you to fall asleep all snuggled in your hand like that :) Do you have any pics of the new baby?

Gepard

Original Poster
Her crazy before and then asleep on her new bear

I find it funny because her tank temp was certainly higher than my skin in some spots but I'm glad she's already turning out to be a cuddled. My bigger boy was skiddish when we got him so we are still working on him wanting to be with us for any length of time.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Wow, how's she get up in her screen like that?

The night light could be keeping her up, some have a hard time sleeping if it's not very dark.

Gepard

Original Poster
I'm thinking of swapping her night light with Kisuke's CHE, he doesn't care what he's got, he climbs to the high spot and passes out. She is a leaper and is close enough on her basking spots to leap to the top. She's crazy.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
It's worth a shot. She sounds like shell be a handful!
Pepper won't sleep soundly until all lights are out or I cover him with a blanket. He will lay there glowering.

She's very cute, I love that picture of her with the bear!

I agree though, allowing her to have complete darkness without colored lights might really help her calm down at night.

pogismom

Hatchling Member
That's what made me buy Pogi at Petco because when I asked to hold one she just layed down and fell asleep! I carried her around the store most of my visit and knew I had to have her. She is more restless now having her own viv and all...but I can still cradle her at bedtime and let her snuggle with me in her little fleece blanket I made for her. She is so sweet when she does that too.

I too LOVE your photo of your beardie passed out on the bear! I never knew reptiles could have such little personalities.

haley7204

First off that picture is adorable. Petsmart gets their babies in really young :? so do as much hand feeding and bonding as possible. My male who is approx. 11 inches likes to go to sleep after i burrito wrap him in a towel. I will do a loose burrito wrap(tight enough that he feels secure but can still get out) and wrap him in a washcloth and set him over the heat pad and he will stay there all night. She may just feel uncomfortable having a big viv all to herself and a nice wrap may make her feel more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom