new baby dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it normal for a baby beardie to have some days where he only wants to be on us, and then others not want to be touched at all? We've had him for almost 2 weeks and he has his good and bad days when it comes to wanting to be handled.

He also spends a LOT of time on his basking log, we didn't get a stone for personal prefferance but he loves his log. He spends most of the day on it in different positions and at night sleeps under it. He gets bursts of energy throughout the day, will go for a small "dip" in his pool (just a larger water dish thats a bit deeper). But other than that is pretty stationary.

When we do take him out he LOVES to explore, we sit on the couch and he runs around between us, on the back of the couch and everything. But it's when he goes back into his tank that he goes back to just chilling on his rock. He's been waving lately, he watches us when we walk around and comes to the glass every so often for our son.

I guess im just worried about him and he is our FIRST dragon so im not sure about their behaviours, or if they all have different personalities. H

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like normal, healthy behavior. They have individual personalities but their moods change from time to time so just try to read his body language (gets easier over time) and go with it. Sheds can make them quite crabby for a while in particular.

AJGWWEFAN

My new baby dragon, all it wants to do is sleep, and I talk to him and interact with it everyday, he's still so skittish and scared I can't even pick it up. I don't know the gender. But he's been acting different lately, theirs sometimes one of its eyes are open and the other is closed. I've been trying to get help about this, I'll take all the help I can get. I've had one years ago but this is my first pet I've gotten on my own and hate to see anything happen to my baby.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
AJGWWEFAN":1cnpk1io said:
My new baby dragon, all it wants to do is sleep, and I talk to him and interact with it everyday, he's still so skittish and scared I can't even pick it up. I don't know the gender. But he's been acting different lately, theirs sometimes one of its eyes are open and the other is closed. I've been trying to get help about this, I'll take all the help I can get. I've had one years ago but this is my first pet I've gotten on my own and hate to see anything happen to my baby.
Lighting will (in most cases) be the problem
Can you give us a rundown on his set up:
UVB type?
UVA "basking" wattage and distance fromantic basking spot?
Substrate?
Viv size?
Diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom