New baby beardies =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
Littlehawkf":2v1ffzgu said:
Yeah, we pulled the Reptiglo off when we saw it was bad for them so we took them outside for a while every dayin the interim, but today we just got in the Reptisun 10.0 along with some Reptiworms too :D We took some pictures this morning of the hypo? shedding this morning and man she really looked like she was in an Elmer Fudd cartoon, explosion and all lol. One of them really took to the Reptiworms right off of the bat and the other had a few, but think he is getting ready to shed himself. We'll see how he does on them tomorrow. I'll try to get those pics up of the splosion, haha.

Awesome can't wait to see the hypo " exploding " haha :)

Littlehawkf

Original Poster
Here's some pictures of the splosion while one of our babies was shedding. It took her about 30 mins or so to get all the shedding skin off. I thought it was really funny to see her, lol. Glad we caught it and she is also stealing a piece of greens off the mouth of our other one. They have picked at the salad off and on over the last few days and they both ate a good bit of the Reptiworms this morning too. They are lovin the new UVB and I have to try to figure out if I need it more over their basking sight. We're not sure if being 6" to the side toward the front is ok because they can't get directly under it.

P1010440.jpg

P1010439.jpg

P1010436.jpg

P1010454.jpg

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
stealing greens from the others mouth is already a sign of dominance i would really suggest seperating them

Littlehawkf

Original Poster
I guess that I used the wrong wording and should have descibed it a bit better. She didn't really "steal" it from him as he ate some of the salad and climbed all the way back up to the basking spot with a little piece of salad hanging from his chin. She licked it off as he was just hanging out up there. I guess the picture do make her look a little menacing, but they always hang out together and they haven't picked on each other at all. We're here pretty much all day, except when I have medical appts. or shopping, etc. I could see if one of them were keeping the other from eatting or nipping when they were close together, general pushing around, or if one was taking food while they were eatting etc. I believe that would all indicate dominancee just like any other animal out there. We are trying to keep an eye out for any of those signs so that I know whether I need to build separate enclosures or not as they get older. We've seen that several people have posted that they have successfully housed beardies together with no major issues as long as they have enough space and stay well fed. I would imagine it depends on their personalities a lot too, though. Am I wrong in this thinking? Thanks for pointing that out to us too. We definatley don't want them to be fighting, etc. and if we have to separate them then that is what I am going to do. Better to have happy beardies that two contancourous ones on edge all the time lol.

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
I'd say if they are happy together,keep them together, but in a few months when they get older and bigger, your probably gonna change cages anyways, just get 2 cages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom