New baby beardie.(PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThistleAndWeeds

I bought a baby beardie from a woman in my town who had some. she had her male on site but the female was her daughters and was in a different house. She had her own female as well who was the mother of a separate clutch i got mine from. all her adults looked nice and healthy. she had the eldest clutch that i was picking a baby for my bf and one for me, untill i saw thsi really light colored baby in her younger clutch. I fell in love instantly and i had to have him/her (pretty sure its a girl now). I believe my bfs beardie is about 6 weeks old when we got it and mine was about 4. Its 3 weeks later now and i think my girlie is doing pretty good. She likes to bask alot and get her stripes all dark so she can soak up the rays. She likes to have a warm soak. However when offered crickets she will eat 2 or 3 and be done. She is still really tiny so im not gunna worry to much right now because when she eats the few her belly feels full. She is offered collard greens and mango mix daily but doesnt show much interest. Im seeing poop every day so there's no impaction. Also im wondering if anyone else might think shes a hypo. Shes got dark eyes and all her nails are clear. Her names Thistle :3 if she turns out to be a boy ill have to rename her but im pretty sure shes a she she has one vent bump :3. Im going to start feeding her on dubia soon my friend breeds them for her bbys. I also want to know anyones opinion on exoterra some one in my area is selling a used 24x18x12 for 50 dollars and id like to get it, how long would that tank be suitable for her size?

here she is, this is the day i got her, she seems a lil plumper now.
29wvmt5.jpg

2yo8k5s.jpg

and this is how surprisingly dark she gets when basking
2nunlm1.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Welcome to the forum!

So tiny! And cute pics. Can't wait for more pictures as she grows.

Feel free to ask any questions. :)
~Liz

EeveeChan

So cute and tiny~~~ <3
She will grow up big and strong. :D (When she gets bigger and longer, you should be able to be certain of her sex. I couldn't be for sure until mine was a certain length. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom