New Baby Beardie owner in FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason92779

Hello,

I am a new owner of a Bearded Dragon.
I read up a lot about these little guys before purchasing one so I feel pretty comfortable about caring for him.
But I have some concerns. He is not as active as he was in the pet store, but after reading some blogs here I found that a lot of mew owners saw the same behavior and that it will pass.
What is the beat type of light to use?
Thanks for any input

Jason

jason92779":1i8vtj0o said:
Hello,

I am a new owner of a Bearded Dragon.
I read up a lot about these little guys before purchasing one so I feel pretty comfortable about caring for him.
But I have some concerns. He is not as active as he was in the pet store, but after reading some blogs here I found that a lot of mew owners saw the same behavior and that it will pass.
What is the beat type of light to use?
Thanks for any input

Jason

Welcome to the forums, Jason!

I cant say for certain. The first dragon I had passed away after 2 weeks...he never moved, never ate, and I has a suspicion that they were feeding the little guy mealworms...I truly dont know what happened.

My new beardie, Chronus, is the most active fatf*** of a baby beardie ive ever seen. I said all of this for a few reasons.

1. If your beardie isnt moving / active / running around the cage every so often, there might be a deeper issue at hand...

2. Relocation Stress. Do not over handle them, let them adjust to their environment, and only give them baths daily for about 2-3 days until theyre used to their environment.

3. After that, start letting them get used to you. slowly. by this point, if your temps are right, he should start being more active and eating properly.

I think youre in good shape just keep this in mind. Pay close attention. If he looks sick, he IS. dont wait a week thinking hes just lazy. Something is wrong and get him checked out IF this happens.

Cheers! Also, post some pictures! :D

oh and as far as light goes, get these.

Deep Dish 100w Dome
100w basking light bulb

reptiSUN (not reptiglo) 10.0 UVb TUBE bulb. Mount it inside the fixture or behind the glass at the top. DO NOT use the coiled bulbs, make sure its the long tubs. Coils have been known to cause issues.

temps should be 100-115 on the hot side, and 80-90 on the cool.

Dont put the water dish inside the cage on the hot side, itll be too humid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom