New baby beardie Gimli

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
After a BAD experience with a tiny baby from Petsmart (ended up having to take him back because he would not eat). I now have a new baby beardie who is doing fabulous! He is from a reputable local non-chain pet store who only deals with reputable breeders. He stetted in nicely last night. He ate 30 dubias last night and 25 phoenix worms this morning. Seems to be happy and healthy. My husband came up with the name after watching him eat. He is a VERY enthusiastic eater. He said " orange on his back, very dangerous over short distances, his name is Gimli!"

Here is Gimli:
96991-1127718431.jpg

and here is his new home
96991-3665156318.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks great, and wow, beautiful set up you put together ! Beardies love climbing branches so he has a lot to do there in his palace. Much better than the flat platforms that some people make .

What type of uvb do you have ?

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a reptisun 10.0 T5 HO. It is in the retisun hood placed directly on the screen top. I cheated it forward on the screen top so that his basking spot is within 10 inches of the bulb. It was a little tricky to get the placement right as i have a screen top with a hinge down the middle of the long side, but I got things arranged.

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
I love all the sticks! I just got done baking a bunch & threw them in the baby's tank & she is all over them.

Gimli is a great name for such a cute little booger! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom