New baby Beardie and Scared of It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the wonderful world of beardies! You won't regret having one. I have had several and two that were rescues and have only been bitten once in 10 years. The baby beardies are very flighty but since you are feeding and talking to him and he lets you pat him on the head I don't think you should worry too much. Trust is already being established. Beardies are the most wonderful creatures and I wouldn't ever be happy without one!

Amy and Nitro

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Waving is a sign of submission. He just doesn't want you to eat him :D

As far as the puffing and pooping, sounds to me like he was letting you know that those were HIS crix and you can't have any. The poop was probably a deterrent... in case you were thinking about stealing any crix :mrgreen:

Such personalities they have :lol:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Lol that is funny. Ok, the waving is known as a sign of submission. He is basically saying hi, I know you are the boss, see how cute and nice I am. If he bobs his head that is him showing his dominance. They puff themselves for several reasons. Some baby beardies don't like it when you watch them eat. He may have been asking you to go away because he feels exposed while chasing his food that you may grab him or the food. Babies poo allot, but mine never went in the middle of a meal. That was funny. "Hey go away, I gotta do my business. Ok back to chasing down my breakfast. Clean that please."

chrismnc

Juvie Member
Glad to hear that the baby is being held and that you have a plan to make him yours! :) YOU need to put him to sleep. Then you will be much more at ease. You will be owned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom