New baby Beardie... and I got ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jst4us04

We just got a baby beardie sunday, and its our first. His name is Draco.. he is sooo cool and I just love him. I have been reading alot about them because I want to make sure we do everything right for him. I just have a question, which might sound silly-- but is it normal for them to sleep alot-- and also to be in a deep sleep to where they look like they are dead? I might just be too anal and am worried too much- but I wasn't certain. He eats good and all.. so I know that isn't an issue. And is there such thing as handling them too much? I want to make sure he is social and so I make it a point to get him out- but then get worried he might get too cold being out of his tank and away from his heat lamps? Any help, tips, suggestions that you can give would be appreciated as we are new to the beardie life. :D
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wlflana

Juvie Member
They sleep REALLY deeply! When I first got Stewie, I used to poke her to make sure she was alive! I take Stewie out all the time, and as long as they get two hours of lamp after eating and a good hour before, they should be fine! I keep Stewie out at least 2 to 3 hours every night and 1 hour in the afternoons, so no worries! Welcome to the site!

will-w

We have the opposite problem - ours never sleep!

You should get him out as much as possible, we're trying to tame our newest arrival at the moment, regular contact is a must!

As for the deep sleep, I wouldn't worry about it, they all seem to do it! :lol:

jst4us04

Original Poster
Thanks guys- I appreciate it. My boyfriend was telling me I was being too anal, but I just don't want anything to happen to him, and being a new beardie mom, I don't know their routines, habits and whatnots... so its a learning process for me. I am soo glad I found this site, I think it will be very beneficial and nice to be able to talk with people and read other beardie stories. :)

Selina

jst4us04":8d74b said:
Thanks guys- I appreciate it. My boyfriend was telling me I was being too anal, but I just don't want anything to happen to him, and being a new beardie mom, I don't know their routines, habits and whatnots... so its a learning process for me. I am soo glad I found this site, I think it will be very beneficial and nice to be able to talk with people and read other beardie stories. :)

You go ahead and be as anal as you like. My boyfriend is the same way :? You are just trying to make sure your beardie is happy and healthy, that's what beardie moms do! My bf never seems to belive me when I tell him that one of his pets (mostly fish) looks ill, or if I tell him I read that one of his animals should be cared for differently than he thought. But he really does care about them so when a pet dies is not a good time for "I told you so" so what can you do. but anyway this is your pet so you do what you have to do to take care of him and if your bf has something to say about it then :bleick: to him

but that's just my opinion :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom