New baby bearded dragon w bent tail and black tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, hello once again everyone. The last time I was on this website was when I wanted to check for my lizard Ryii before she had died. Now I have a new bearded dragon and named him Shiro. I was told be the owners that the bearded dragon was born with a bent tail and a black tip due to the way it was laid in the egg. Now I'm just a little curious because I just want to be sure. Do you think this is tail rot? The owner said she went to the vet for her clutch and the vet told her that the tail was a natural occurrence and that it'll tune itself out later down the beardies life. I just want to check with others if this is natural. Main thing I love about this beardie is that it's so much lighter, I love its mutation.

f1mbtw.jpg

119vugx.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Once in a great while a baby will hatch with a kink or slight corkscrew in it's tail, but it will not straighten later in life. It may have been caught in something, too. I can't see for sure, but if the tip is dark, then there has been trauma to it....that does not occur in the egg. It may dry up + fall off or just remain brittle . It doesn't actually look like tail rot, but keep an eye on it. He is a cute one though . :)

DoctorevoL

Original Poster
Ok. I'm at work now so when I get in I'll take a closer pic of the tip. But if it were to fall off, what sort of action would I have to do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It wouldn't be serious unless the rest of the tail started getting black or shriveling up . In that case you could get some betadine, water it down to look like weak tea and apply it a few times a day. Look for a good reptile vet just to have in case of emergency but be SURE the vet has good reviews and knows about lizards, otherwise they can do more harm than good. Post all your concerns here in the future, one of the mods. like Drache613 or Sweetiepie, Goonie or Diamc can help the best. But it doesn't look serious,he'll probably be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom