New Arcadia light flickering

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I literally just replaced my previous bulb, it was ringing every so often. Now, my new bulb that I bought back in September is flickering. My first bulb was past its’ exchange rate when I got my new one, and now so is my new bulb. My local reptile store’s workers sympathize with me but can’t do anything. Do I have to replace the bulb again? I’ve only seen it flicker twice.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I literally just replaced my previous bulb, it was ringing every so often. Now, my new bulb that I bought back in September is flickering. My first bulb was past its’ exchange rate when I got my new one, and now so is my new bulb. My local reptile store’s workers sympathize with me but can’t do anything. Do I have to replace the bulb again? I’ve only seen it flicker twice.
Do you have a solar meter to test the strength its putting out? If not I would replace it just to be on the safe side- where are you getting the bulbs from?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Do you have a solar meter to test the strength its putting out? If not I would replace it just to be on the safe side- where are you getting the bulbs from?
I got my first bulb from the reptile store near me, the second from Petsmart because my usual was out of stock. I dont have a solar meter, so I guess I’ll buy a new one then…

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I got my first bulb from the reptile store near me, the second from Petsmart because my usual was out of stock. I dont have a solar meter, so I guess I’ll buy a new one then…
Get a hold of Arcadia those bulbs are warranted for a year

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I know it's kindda a shady thing to do, but you could buy the new buld at petsmart then put that bulb back in the package and return it as faulty. Technically your not stealing, that bulb was bad out of the box and you shouldn't be on the hook just because you didn't use it straight away.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I know it's kindda a shady thing to do, but you could buy the new buld at petsmart then put that bulb back in the package and return it as faulty. Technically you’re not stealing, that bulb was bad out of the box and you shouldn't be on the hook just because you didn't use it straight away.
That’s actually a really smart idea 👀

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Should I get one from their website? Different stores all have different return dates, the places I get my bulbs have a 2week-4week return date.
Contact Arcadia on their website and tell them you have a light flickering tell them when you got it and you want to know how to return the bulb and they will advise you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom