New and need help locating cleaner bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
timberwolf":23hzgeqg said:
Thanks! Beetles were suggested by one of the sellers but I'm not going that route. I will probably add some dubias at some point though.
Superworm beetles are okay just not Buffalo beetles it mostly has to do with Buffalo Bills being so small that they can actually get underneath the dragons protective scales and dubia roaches are okay I personally don't add them into my enclosure mainly since they are a main food source item and I just like to monitor what goes into the dragons and at what times little snacks like superworm beetles and the occasional superworm slash Cricket if you put any in there is perfectly fine they usually won't cause a weight issue even if you have a lot of them in the enclosure since they won't be able to catch them all but if your dragons are like how my dragons are they are hell-bent to get them LOL and I already have one that is a little on the pudgy side lol

timberwolf

Original Poster
Thanks, william! That was a pretty informative post. I appreciate the help. I did wonder about crickets being in there and how they'd do. I might dump some in mine later and see how many make it long term. I did plant some Basil and Rosemary with my Aloe, Elephants Feed, Agave, and Prickly Pear. The store had mint and parsley but I didn't want to buy too many not knowing how I was going to set things up. I think I might buy some mint. Now that things are planted and the tank is setup I have a couple spots for more plants. Looking forward to adding the bugs.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
timberwolf":1joerin1 said:
Thanks, william! That was a pretty informative post. I appreciate the help. I did wonder about crickets being in there and how they'd do. I might dump some in mine later and see how many make it long term. I did plant some Basil and Rosemary with my Aloe, Elephants Feed, Agave, and Prickly Pear. The store had mint and parsley but I didn't want to buy too many not knowing how I was going to set things up. I think I might buy some mint. Now that things are planted and the tank is setup I have a couple spots for more plants. Looking forward to adding the bugs.
Just make sure that the cactus plants don't actually have any spines I don't know if you got them off of the bio dude or from a local store but the spines will hurt your dragon since they have a bad tendency of wanting to absolutely Devour the cactus every time I put a cactus plant in was either one of my Dragons It's like a drug to them they can't resist it and I do recommend getting mint plant one or two in a enclosure of that size will be sufficient I wouldn't go with parsley the dragon should not really eat the parsley and trust me especially when you first put them in and it gets used to it it will try to put everything in its mouth to see what it is LOL do you have any pictures of your enclosure

williamk34

Hatchling Member
102593-5560689149.jpg
102593-9530311524.jpg
102593-2951021786.jpg
102593-9311222136.jpg
102593-6344108018.jpg
some older photos of mine to enclosures my yellow dragon Shenron has actually had a major renovation and I'm just waiting for the last pieces if you're interested in seeing and I will have it updated on my post Spike and Shenron as I have planned to do a major update on them soon before I get my ackie monitors

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
williamk34":3cab7u9g said:
Superworm beetles are okay just not Buffalo beetles it mostly has to do with Buffalo Bills being so small that they can actually get underneath the dragons protective scales
I just almost sprayed beverage all over my computer screen. :laughhard:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
MrSpectrum":2u2jntes said:
williamk34":2u2jntes said:
Superworm beetles are okay just not Buffalo beetles it mostly has to do with Buffalo Bills being so small that they can actually get underneath the dragons protective scales
I just almost sprayed beverage all over my computer screen. :laughhard:

Have to keep the Buffalo Bills out of the enclosure.
76248-8644959982.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom