New addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
So as some of you may know i am not new to the forum but i have a new baby! So sunny's liver was going south there is allot more to it but its hard ti explain she is alive still though but in more capable hands. She was sick since i got her the vet said.

So on a happier note! I went and got a new inheritor to the cage. We got him from petco...i know bad idea but he seems very healthy and has eaten and had a bowel movement. I will be watching him closely though. He was kept in white sand he is a little discolored i have pictures when i get im wet he changes and i think i have gotten some of the sandy dust off because he seems to be staying close to the color he is when he is wet. They were also feeding mealworms so i know i might be setting myself up for heatbreak but i hope he makes it and there is nothing wrong with him. He is 8 1/2 inches long and 25 grams and chubby. His name is Macklemore. My little brother and i call him mack mack because he cant say macklemore.
We have him in sunnys old cage and i cleaned everything i soaked it in HOT HOT water for about an hour and used the enzyme cleaner on it so he is all set up.
this is on the way home

after i got him wet and before he dried up again

brittani299

Extreme Poster
He is cute :) I got my female from Petsmart. I dont think it is a bad idea to get beardies from there as long as they look healthy

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
I agree about the Petsmart "debate".. I got my male beardie as a baby there and while he did have pinnies and a low level of coccidia it cleared up after minimal treatment and is happy and healthy.. the 1st beardie I ever had was a female hypo from a specialty dragon store and was riddled w/ coccidia that needed treatment so long and lived w/o treatment in their enclosure that she ultimately had kidney failure and passed at exactly 1.5 years old and was heartbreaking.. my vet was convinced because she was a hypo w/ bright colors that she was a victim of overbreeding to ensure optimal price for the sellers.. although the "chain" stores may not know what they're even paid to sell doesn't mean a healthy animal can't come from them.. I know several people that did go w/ the chain stores and every one of those then babies are now thriving juveniles and adults.. have fun w/ your little one..

zandi202

BD.org Addict
He is cute and I love the name!
I bought both Jace and Zy from Petco where they were fed mealworms at 8.5" long each and they have been doing great. Hope your little one does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom