Never ending problems with a rescued beardie PLEASE HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
I rescued two bearded dragons both female, the one is perfectly fine now but the other has never ending problems.When I rescued her she was gravid, she has since layed two clutches,( in a month),shes way to skinny and i cant get any weight on her because she keeps laying cluthes, she has fungus on her side which i am currently treating, and it also looks like her skin is deteriorating. I dont know what to do for her anymore .. PLEASE HELP its starting to feel hopeless.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hi, let's see if we can help out a bit.
Are the two females in separate enclosures ?
What are you using to treat the fungus ?
Are you offering a pro-biotic to help with good tummy flora?
What temps are you measuring in the no longer gravid females tank?
How are you measuring ?
Do you have some betadine iodine at home ?

Janie.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi.. yes the females are in separate enclosures, they both have layed two clutches in a month. I am using Canesten for the fungus ( Drache613 recommended it) I also talked to Tracie about the temps and they are good. I dont know what pro biotic or betadine iodine is. Whats wrong with her skin ??? it looks like its turning a darker color and then disappearing . I have 2 male beardie which one a rescue and the other was my first dragon that i bought , In total i have 4 beardies , nothing is wrong with any of them but they all play and bath together. I dont want them to get sick too. Please Please help me.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
A pro-biotic is something that restores good gut flora when antibiotics or other medicines are used. Betadine is an iodine.
Go with what Tracie suggests, she's the bomb !
Janie.

Valex

Hatchling Member
I would also not let the females see the males anymore because this could incourage them to lay more eggs.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
zebraflavencs":4c75f said:
A pro-biotic is something that restores good gut flora when antibiotics or other medicines are used. Betadine is an iodine.
Go with what Tracie suggests, she's the bomb !
Janie.

ok um how much of the betadine iodine do use and how ?????
Tracie didnt suggest anything for this new issue, she just confirmed that my temps were right, she hasnt seen that there is a new problem yet. What is wrong with her skin it looks like its chipping off. Even her spikes are falling off.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You use it in the bath. Once she has drank her fill, pooped or what not, just add a drop or two to the warm water, so it looks like a weak tea. allow to soak for 10 or more minutes, then off to the basking for her.
This will help. Also, after all dried off, you can use sap from an organically raised aloe on the effected areas.
Janie.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok thank you but , do you know what wrong with her skin ??? why is it doing this, I have no idea what shes been through at her old home. I can only imagine since she used to be very aggressive, infact she actually tried to bite me. She's friendly now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I need some pictures to evaluate that. If her scales are looking that way, it is either a bad shed, an injury, a fungal issue, or severe malnutrition. Normally scales should not just "fall off" for no reason.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom