Nero and Soleil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to start this thread so I can keep up with how fast Nero is going to grow! After browsing through several other threads I realized he won't stay little for very long. :(

I measured him 1 week ago and he was 7", he's already shedding...again! A part of me can't wait to see what he will look like all grown up, and the other part wants to tell him to stop growing!

I'm waiting on the reptiworms and silkworms to add variety to his diet, I may be spoiling him early on but I think he's worth it. :)

81392-1634818539.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good to spoil them a bit. They do grow too quickly though so enjoy it while he's small =) (You'll still love and enjoy him when he's an adult though so it's nothing to fear)

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I love his personality! He's okay with being held, sometimes he startles and runs but once I get him he settles pretty quickly. He is definitely curious too, he looks around at everything and just wants to go exploring. He is still too fidgety to trust him to just sit with me, so I let him roam a bit before picking him back up for a few minutes and then putting him back in his tank. Funny thing is, as soon as I go to put him back on his basking spot he grabs onto my forearm and lays all flat and looks at me with those "but I don't want to go back" eyes!
81392-223088232.jpg
This is Nero deciding to try and climb up the shower curtain!

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Nero is a hypo translucent, I was wondering if his belly would appear "blue" forever or if it's just when he's young? It's a little strange to explain to everyone why he looks a little see-through. :lol:

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He is finally settling down a bit and getting used to being handled. He will still occasionally gape at me, but it doesn't happen too often anymore. I've been holding him a lot at night, and he regularly falls asleep on me now. :)
81392-6764270500.jpg

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don't know what he is going to do when he gets too big...and too heavy, to sleep in the plants. :lol:
81392-6955430591.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a funny shot! Cooper used to fall asleep completely upright on his wall hammock when he was a baby. When he got older he just fell asleep upright against one of his logs. Nero will probably just find another odd place to sleep if you provide it. Maybe even just a larger plant =)

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I thought about getting a bigger plant for later, there are two in his cage and he sleeps in both of them...he won't sleep anywhere else! He loves to weave around inside of them, which was helpful in getting the shed off. His lights are on timers so he's regulated himself to "settling in" about 20 mins before lights out. It's so adorable, I have to talk myself out of getting a second beardie everyday. :)

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
They both look really cute! Nero sleeping in the plants is funny and I hope he doesn't stop because those photos in the future will be priceless.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's still sleeping in the plants every night, I'm trying to find some sturdier ones for when he gets bigger. He likes to find a comfy spot on the cooler side almost 30 minutes before lights out, he's quirky that way. :lol:

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
After having Nero for a month I had forgotten how it took a few days for him to adjust to his feeding schedule. Now he is like clockwork; 6:30 am he's ready for dubia, as soon as I move the dubia bin he flies down to where his dish goes. Soleil is still unsure, she ate last night after I left the dubia in her tank for 30 minutes, but seems only curious to watch them this morning.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Nero isn't the only one who sleeps in weird places, Soleil likes to wedge herself in the space between the tank and slate tile.
81392-1067504781.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom