Needs to lose weight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smid

Hatchling Member
So I had Smid in to the vet today, as he hasn't pooped in over two weeks, I tried bathing, olive oil, applesauce.... Nothing. So the vet was successful and I guess there was quite the pile. Pre-poo he weighed in at 645kg (we didn't re-weigh him). She suggested to switch him to silk worms or crickets - I currently feed superworms. I don't like crickets cause they're loud and I live in a teeney place with nowhere to keep them. I've tried the silk worms before, but he doesn't like them. So long story... can't I just reduce the amount of superworms?? He's actually done this on his own - he only eats 2-3 every couple of days - but I think that has more to do with the seasons.

Oh, and the vet said he wasn't impacted - what would cause him to not poop for so long?? He gets baths every other day and loves squash????

Liz

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No ideas? I guess I'll just put him on a diet of less superworms.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've been feeding Basti superworms and he is also getting fat, supers have a really high fat content and as soon as the batch I have are gone I will be switching to roaches. Is there any way you can start a dubia colony?
I know the general consensus is that supers are ok for a staple but I've recently changed my mind on the subject. If you look through the photo section you will find many over weight dragons and I'm betting a large portion of them eat supers.
Basti is also super lazy, I can't even get him to run across the floor when I have him out. He will slowly walk for about 10 feet then stop. I really must find a way for him to exercise more.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately there is no room in my place for roaches - so they will have to wait til the spring time. Thanks for your reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom