NEEDS REPLYS!!!! 2 QUESTIONS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
Ok, so I think our Female Dragon is Pregnant, Which is fine, its a good thing for use because we want to breed again. im not 100% sure shes pregnant, but shes digging like CRAZY and she is getting a bit fat. im also not 100% sure that the eggs are fertal (if she is even pregnant). My question is, if she is pregnant, can i mate her with my male so the eggs can get fertal? Like if she has eggs in her RIGHT NOW, and lets say there NOT fertal, can i mate her befor she lays, and will the eggs be fertal?
and my 2nd question is kinda silly, but, can dragons Obulate?
thanks[:
-Hannah

spyder79

Extreme Poster
BabyAngel0123":41cbd said:
Ok, so I think our Female Dragon is Pregnant, Which is fine, its a good thing for use because we want to breed again. im not 100% sure shes pregnant, but shes digging like CRAZY and she is getting a bit fat. im also not 100% sure that the eggs are fertal (if she is even pregnant). My question is, if she is pregnant, can i mate her with my male so the eggs can get fertal? Like if she has eggs in her RIGHT NOW, and lets say there NOT fertal, can i mate her befor she lays, and will the eggs be fertal?
and my 2nd question is kinda silly, but, can dragons Obulate?
thanks[:
-Hannah

If she has already formed eggs then breeding her to your male wont accomplish anything. She has to be fertile prior to producing the actual eggs. Now a week or two after she drops the infertile clutch (and has put weight back on) you can breed her and she should start forming a new clutch of fertile eggs.

and im sorry but i have no idea what the word obulate means

spyder79

Extreme Poster
duh ill bet thats what the words supposed to be. I shoulda looked at the keyboard (since v and b are beside each other)
Im not sure if females can ovulate in the sense that mammals do. But they can run a full cycle on infertile eggs.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
While i have never noted a female dragon get moody at any particular time of the month (lmao at beardie pms comment) but they do periodically cycle egg follicles and can produce infertile clutches which by definition is ovulation of sorts.

zizzee

Hatchling Member
Yeah, I'll agree with you on the cycle thing.....

I just can't get the image of a beardie with PMS out my head "WANT CRICKETS!! :angry5: *puff puff*" :lol: I'm going off topic a tad.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I've been told (by an experienced breeder) that breeding a female while she's gravid with infertiles can cause a lot of damage and even be fatal.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
spurlee01":67e65 said:
I've been told (by an experienced breeder) that breeding a female while she's gravid with infertiles can cause a lot of damage and even be fatal.
like i said breeding the female that is already gravid with infertiles will not accomplish anything lol. but thanks for saying it a different way.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
spurlee01":604d8 said:
Not just that it won't accomplish anything, that it can actually be dangerous. Bit of a difference.
however you want to say it. my post has just as much merit as yours does lol. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom