Needs Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

xebo

This is nothing to do with health or anything like that.
I bought my dragon with my partner at the beginning of July. All has been well but lately my relationship with my partner has deteriorated and we are thinking of splitting up. However if we do this means I will have to move to Newcastle and he will stay in Leeds and I don't know what we will do about Eddie!
I love my little guy so much, since I don't work (I'm a student and only in uni a few days a week) I spend the most time with him, but my partner tends to pay more for him since he earns the most.
I made the argument that I would be back home with my parents who would hardly notice the extra costs coming in as I would be paying board anyways and we have other pets so it would not be a problem.
I personally think Eddie should come with me because I spend the most time with him. When I'm away for a few days Eddie get's his lights turned on in the morning, then once my partner comes home it's bed time so he doesn't get to run around or play or anything, he is confined to his tank. However my partner, who obvioulsy loves him too, wants him to stay here as he says it would be dangerous to move him all the way up north and they don't need much attention so he would be happier in Leeds.
I obviously want to do what's best for Eddie and I need advice from you guys?
What shall I do?

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry about your relationship, hope your ok. I live in newcastle too so know the journey to Leeds- its not a long journey so it wouldnt be dangerous for your beardie- you could put him in a ventilated box, wrap him up in blankets and provide a heat pack (only a couple of quid) wrapped in a towel (or hand warmers as an alternative). Heat packs are available from: http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-27960...d-emergency-heat-pack.aspx?CAWELAID=437274770. people often buy beardies online and they are shipped from far away and always arrive in good condition and happy. I honestly think you should stand your ground- if you are able to provide the most attention then your beardie will be better off with you. You probably know your boyfirend is wrong in saying beardies don't need a lot of attention- they do. It certainly sounds like you care more. Hope you manage to get to keep him and bring him home to wonderful geordie land!! :D

xebo

Original Poster
Thanks.
Yeah I do keep telling him that having a pet is more than just who has the most money but I know that he loves him a lot too so it's a very difficult situation to be in.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
From the sounds of it I think who ever can give the most attention should be the one to keep him. You have the added benefit of your parents can fill in to give food or turn lights on if you are not home.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
How did you obtain your beardie? Was it a gift or did you go out and buy him together? If it was a gift it should stay with the person it was gifted to. If not I think it should go to whoever can take the best care of it going forward - who spent how much money in the past shouldn't be part of that equation, in my opinion. If you both really want him that will be a tough conversation though :( good luck.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you DO transport him, you actually don't need any heat packs as long as you warm the car up to where you are comfortable riding in short sleeved shirt. I've done it many times. Just tuck him under your coat on the way from the house to the car. A shoebox is fine to keep him in for the ride....shred some newspaper in it and just tape the lid.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I suggested heat packs in case she got the train up- Uk trains are not the warmest :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, I'm sorry, I can see that since you are in the same area and you were the one to know about such a thing. I guess not everyone just can hop in a car for travel. I never even thought about that possibility. Then your heat pack idea would definitely be the way to go.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
AHBD":1twch3r9 said:
..... I guess not everyone just can hop in a car for travel. I never even thought about that possibility. Then your heat pack idea would definitely be the way to go.
Lol, lets hope xebo can get a car to newcastle- i can't imagine having to lug a huge viv on the train, not to mention the strange looks you'd get :shock:

xebo

Original Poster
lol yeah I'd be driving back up north.
I think we're going to have 'the talk' tonight.
I really hope that he realises that Eddie would be better off with me.
I don't know what I'd do if I lost him too =[

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
xebo":1bc8dsvj said:
lol yeah I'd be driving back up north.
I think we're going to have 'the talk' tonight.
I really hope that he realises that Eddie would be better off with me.
I don't know what I'd do if I lost him too =[

I really hope you'll be Eddie's future slave, as I see that you love him very much!
Good luck with "the talk".

xebo

Original Poster
Just thought I'd update.
My partner threw me out and is keeping Eddie. Means I've lost everything including my baby.
I don't know what to do with myself and I can't believe that I never even got to say goodbye.
I'll always love my little guy.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
xebo":1vkt6sqs said:
Just thought I'd update.
My partner threw me out and is keeping Eddie. Means I've lost everything including my baby.
I don't know what to do with myself and I can't believe that I never even got to say goodbye.
I'll always love my little guy.

Ah i feel for you. awful things like this only make you a stronger person. Hope you'll be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom