Need your thoughts on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This was taken 10 minutes ago. She is back in the cave digging again right now...

DSC_0800.jpg

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Ahh.... what a cutie :) she looks ready and tired. Jub went 29 days in between the 1st and 2nd and now at 20 days she is ready for #3 She dug her cave last night then was wiped out and quit!! Today is is re-designing it all over again. They truly have to feel it is just right. I bet since you reinforced it she will lay now. At least that worked for us as she did the same thing yours was doing. Digging digging and then collapsing it in. Well keep me posted....eggs any day for you and for us too. Oh and don't know if I mentioned before but the bath seems to get them moving along too. Course last night the bath did nothing here except wash her off and hydrate her. Just think you will be ready for the clutches to follow.

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
The 2nd one is great....right down to the glass exactly the same here I will post a pic for you we are right at the same point just watching and waiting.

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
You are going to have really great babies. I love his colors :) Here is a pic of Jubs cave she is so tired not eating just resting. She has a vet appointment tomorrow so we will see if she can go or not. She might be laying eggs ;) This pic was her after she laid her 2nd clutch.

dz9gcp.jpg

5exzjc.jpg

281vdw5.jpg

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Great pics of Jub! Hope she is laying and can miss her doctors appt.

What do you guys think about my female having a perfectly nice cave dug, and she is scratching at the glass now on the far side of the tank? She will then stop and go back to the cave and dig a little. Its a cycle. I think she "conceived" 30 days ago now. When does one start to worry about egg binding?

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
By the way, your Jub looks a lot like my Hazel. Where did you get her? Do you know her lineage?

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Hi well Jub -Jub made it to her appointment and now she is laying her eggs. We can see 3 right now! She does look a lot like your girl.We got her from the local pet store. As far as Hazel goes it sound exactly like what Jub has been doingl. Today she dug more in her cave then went back to pacing and scratching the glass on the opposite side of the tank. After the vet she went right at it funnny thing is right when we needed to leave for the vet she came out of the cave as if ok I know I gotta go so lets get this done lol I will post a pic as she is laying right now :)

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Yay! She's all done now. She laid 18 eggs. All are fertile. She had a long bath and ate like a pig! :)

Here is a picture of Jub laying. Did Hazel lay yet?

s6npm1.jpg

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome pic!! Congratulations!

YES! Hazel finally laid today. I cant believe it! She had just finished when I got home around 3:00 today. I watched as she pinched out a couple and then started covering them. She had 24 healthy eggs in all! She too enjoyed her bath and some fresh veggies and superworms.

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Oh that is great! I'm happy for you and happy for Hazel. Glad she is eating and doing well. Now it is watch and wait for babies ;) Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeb
Top Bottom