Need to dig in sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

iradog85

My Dimitri is 5 months old. He had been glass dancing CONSTANTLY so I thought his digging instinct was the cause. I prefer to keep him on reptile carpet rather than a whole tank of sand, so I put a little box in there and filled it w/ reddish sand. Now he is constantly digging against the corners of the cardboard box.

I wonder if the box is too small, like maybe he's trying to burrow but there's not enough room? Or maybe he just wants out to explore a little? But whenever I take him out and set him on the carpet (in the hallway), he doesn't move. Would putting him on the tile be okay, or would it be too cold for him? I took him in the family room one time and he scooted under the couch. :shock: I don't wanna go through THAT fiasco again.

Any suggestions on creating a beardie proof roaming area?

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Brutus is about 6-7 months now. I have made a routine of taking him out and giving him a bath in the evening, then taking him to the couch. He climbs all over the couch and I have to keep a good eye on him. Taking him out an hour before lights-out means he's a little more tired. After awhile of me preventing him from jumping off the couch onto the floor, he poops out, cuddles up on my chest and neck, and closes his eyes.

I think the tile would be too cold. I take out a space heater and direct it toward him if he's on the floor. Also, try putting a blanket over the sides of the couch so he can't get under it. Maybe if you kept him on your shoulder while in the hallway, he'll be more apt to take in his surroundings and then explore a little bit. Brutus was like that when I first took him out- he was freaked out. I think leaving the viv for the first time is like entering the Twilight Zone. :shock:

Doddins

Hatchling Member
My two are very different when i get them out. Liz hates it and sits there refusing to move and goes back to her viv waiting for me to put her back. but Stimpy loves it, hes very tiring to keep track of when hes out. darting under stuff, climbing all over everything...hes extremly explorative. ive learnt to put cover infront of my pc desk to stop him getting under and stuck but other than that he has full run of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom