Need temporary foster parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

iradog85

I live in Southern California, and I'll be going to college in Northern California. I'm leaving for the dorms in August and I can't bring Dimitri with me. He's about 8 months old, and very comfortable with human contact. Never bitten anyone. I've had him since he was only 3 weeks old. My parents are not reptile people so they are not willing to care for him, but are happy to pay for any expenses for Dimitri (food, cleaning products for the tank, vet care if necessary). :help:

I only plan on living in the dorms for one year. Once my year is up I plan to move into an apartment off campus, so I'll be able to bring Dimitri with me at that point. So whoever is going to foster him, it will probably only be for about 9 months.

I only want to give him to someone who truly has the space and time for him. Dimitri is quite rambunctious, and he needs to be taken out for car rides, or just to explore around the room. If you were stuck in a 40gal tank all the time, you'd get bored, too!!

I will provide all the lights and timers. I currently have his tank on a rolling cabinet that I used to have my TV on. It's not the best solution, but it works. I can give that to you as well if you don't have a space for the tank.

So if you think you can do it, or you know someone who would want to do it, please reply to this post or send me a private message. If you have any suggestions on how to find a reliable foster parent, please let me know. Thanks everyone!! :blob5:

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Awwww,I hope you find someone! You can try posting on Craig's list too,it will be easier to find someone local. Good luck!

supertrisha

Juvie Member
I am currently fostering a beardie for someone in college. I would love to watch your baby but I'm about a million miles too far away! Good luck in your search... hehehe Im sure you could check the member's map (look for the link at the top of the page) too check out members in the area. Good luck!

SJM

Hatchling Member
I'm way too far across the continent, but I hope you find a foster for your beardie! Good luck in college!

spyder86

Hatchling Member
hope you can find someone but your best bet is to get you mom attached to him before you leave :twisted:. I would not trust a stranger to do it unless it was someone off this site. Pull the guilt trip on your parents and ask them if they would refuse to care for your pet if it were a dog or a cat. Good Luck

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Perhaps you could post this in the Beardie Rescue section of the forum aswell?
I understand this is by no means a rescue but there are alot of people who lurk around that forum section who are keen to help beardies out.

Holly

iradog85

Original Poster
spyder86":ba5d3 said:
hope you can find someone but your best bet is to get you mom attached to him before you leave :twisted:. I would not trust a stranger to do it unless it was someone off this site. Pull the guilt trip on your parents and ask them if they would refuse to care for your pet if it were a dog or a cat. Good Luck

It's funny you say that because I also have a little dog I'm leaving behind. They don't mind taking care of her because she's fuzzy and cute. Some people are just creeped out by animals who aren't fuzzy and cute.

iradog85

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestions everyone. :D

It turns out that my original possible-foster was able to come through. My Dimitri will be watched over by a close friend, so I'm very relieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom